In keeping with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) ‒ the law that protects children’s online privacy ‒ and the guidelines of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Camp Ramah in Northern California limits the collection of personal information from children. We do not collect personal information from children from our Website. Children participating in our various activities during the preseason at promotional events (including at schools and camp fairs), and during the winter, spring and summer at our Camp, however, may upload projects, photos, videos they have participated in during these activities (using an photo/video sharing service of camps choice) via a secure link accessible from your email for your own viewing, and these uploads could contain personal information of your child (e.g., image or voice.) Additionally, these projects could be shared with other children, parents/guardians of other children, staff members, and third party contractors of Camp Ramah in Northern California as well as with third parties who may receive your child’s information from other parents/guardians whose children collaborate, participate, or were included in activities with your child. Because of this, prior to saving media at one of our preseason promotional events and/or during our registration process for camp, we ask for your consent in order for your child to participate in the camp activities. Consent forms (print or electronic) will be provided to you prior to or at such events. We also ask that you agree to indemnify Camp Ramah in Northern California, together with all its affiliates, employees, and directors, from and against any claims or losses arising from or related to any action by you in sharing any child’s information to any third party. If you decline to agree to the terms mentioned above, then your child will not be able to participate in any preseason promotional events or register for Camp Ramah in Northern California.
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us When Registering. If you register your child or children for Camp Ramah in Northern California, we collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, password; and we collect billing information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date, etc.), information regarding your children’s birth date, school and health information, and other information you directly give us on our Website.
If you enter your personal information on our website without completing registration for a camp, we collect the information you enter which could include the items listed above, for the purpose of contacting you to inquire if you wish to complete registration. If you do not respond or if you respond that you do not wish to receive such e-mails, we will not send further communications to you but may store your personal information in an “Unsubscribe” list. For European residents subject to the GDPR, we will delete your information if you do not respond or if you respond that you do not wish to receive such e-mails.
Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Website.
Information Automatically Collected About Your Child(ren). While participating in our camp activities, we automatically log some information about your child’s actions while using our software products, including visit counts, uploads, and content viewed, to improve usability and assess participation.
Information Automatically Collected About You. We automatically log information about you and your computer when you visit our Website, as explained in more detail below. This includes computer operating system type, browser type and language, how long you spent on a page, access times, geolocation, and information about your use of and actions on our Website.
Log files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit website pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Website or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
We use your personal information as follows:
We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Website, products, and services. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us when registering, we will send you a confirmation email which summarizes the information you provided to us during registration and the consent, release, and waiver that you have agreed to when registering.
We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards (we have contests in which we give various prizes to a registrant who uses ACH for registration or who registers by a certain date.)
We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and selected partners. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see the “Opting Out” section below.
We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services that you, our customers, request.
We do not sell or share your personal information with other third parties, other than sharing aggregate demographic information to the extent necessary with our own contractors to provide or improve our Website or services, including a payment processing company to process your credit card and ACH payments and a moderation company to review photo and video content to make sure it’s appropriate, unless we have obtained specific consent from you to do so. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes. We may share personal information as follows:
We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. In such a case, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a notice on our Website of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at email@example.com, or you may contact us at 415-688-4572 or 969-G Edgewater Blvd Ste 804, Foster City, CA 94404 to opt-out. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your registration, account, and our business dealings with you. For European residents subject to the GDPR, we will delete your information upon request, and not send further emails to you.
If your personally identifiable information changes, if you wish to access your information or obtain a copy of it, or if you no longer desire our service then you may access and update your profile (including personal information) with us by logging into your account or by contacting us, as stated above. If you wish your personal information to be deleted, please contact us directly.
For European residents subject to the GDPR, if your personal data is processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR, you may lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities of your jurisdiction, who are obliged to inform you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. You also have the right of appeal to national courts against a legally binding decision concerning you made by a supervisory authority.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you.
We do not track your website activities over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore we do respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Visit https://www.networkadvertising.org or https://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements.
Address: 969-G Edgewater Blvd Ste 804, Foster City, CA
Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we must provide you with direct notice before collecting “personal information” from your child. Effective July 1, 2013, the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) updated COPPA to reflect changes in technology, and now considers a photograph, video, or audio file containing a child’s image or voice to be a child’s “personal information.” For more information about COPPA, please visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online.
Nonetheless, because the projects created by your child or other children may contain your child’s image or voice, and may be uploaded by your child or other children (rather than you) to our the photo/video sharing site and shared to your email address or to your account and/or the email address or account of any other parents/guardians whose children collaborated, participated, or were included on the project, the FTC may classify this as “collecting” and “disclosing” your child’s personal information. This is the only “personal information” that we may collect from your child for such purpose. It will not be used by us for any other purpose, disclosed, or combined with any other information from your child.
Your consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your child’s information as may appear in a photo, video, audio, writing, or software application project(s) that your child creates, collaborates on, participates in, or was included in as part of the camp activities. Your consent authorizes the collection, use, or disclosure of your child’s information as may appear in a photo, video, audio, writing, or software application to children, parents/guardians of children, staff members, and third party contractors of Camp Ramah in Northern California as well as to third parties who may receive your child’s information from other children or parents/guardians whose children collaborate, participate, or were included on projects with your child. By signing you consent to any and all recordings of your child while s/he is participating in camp activities. We will not collect, use, or disclose any such information from your child if you do not consent. If you do not provide consent to the collection of your child’s personal information as described above, your child will not be able to save media created at preseason promotional events or register for camp, and we will delete your online contact information from our records if it was provided by your child, and/or will not use your online contact information for the purposes stated in this notice. At any time, you may refuse to permit 1) your child’s participation in Camp Ramah in Northern California (including the camp activities), 2) your child’s participation in preseason promotional events that Camp Ramah in Northern California hosts or participates in, 3) further use of your information or your child’s information by Camp Ramah in Northern California, or 4) further contact with your child, and request that we delete your information or your child’s information. To exercise any of your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 415-688-4572, or write us at Camp Ramah in Northern California 969-G Edgewater Blvd Ste 804, Foster City, CA.
We may change this COPPA Notice. If we decide to change our COPPA notice, we will post those changes to this Website page, our Website homepage, or other places we deem appropriate. We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
1. Introduction and Agreement to Be Bound. This website is operated by Camp Ramah in Northern California (“Ramah Galim”). These Terms and Conditions govern ramahnorcal.org (the “Website”) and you agree to the Terms and Conditions by using the Website
2. Modification of Terms. Camp Ramah in Northern California reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be responsible for reviewing and complying with these Terms and Conditions periodically in the event that they are modified.
4. License. Camp Ramah in Northern California grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license (i) to access the Website, and (ii) while accessing the Website, to view Materials displayed on the Website for your personal internal business use, and for no other purpose. You are also granted a limited non-exclusive license to print a copy of any portion of the contents of the Website for your personal internal use and no other purpose. Before making copies of downloadable items, you will destroy existing copies of such items in your possession or control. For purposes of these User Terms, “Materials” means any text, data compilations, photographs, software, data instruction packets, graphics, illustrations, artwork, video, music, sound, and any other contents of the Website.
5. Intellectual Property.
Copyright. Camp Ramah in Northern California retains all right, title and interest on behalf of itself and (where applicable) its third party suppliers and/or business partners to Materials. You acknowledge and agree that ownership of Materials resides in Camp Ramah in Northern California, and agree not to challenge, directly or indirectly, Camp Ramah in Northern California’s ownership (or that of its suppliers and/or business partners) in and to the Materials. You agree to indemnify and hold Camp Ramah in Northern California harmless from any unauthorized use of the Materials by you or caused by you. The Materials are protected by copyright and/or other laws in both the United States and elsewhere.
Trademarks. You acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark, or servicemark contained on this Website is owned or licensed by Camp Ramah in Northern California or our suppliers and/or business partners and may not be used by you without prior written approval. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this Website without the written permission of Camp Ramah in Northern California or such third party that may own the Trademark displayed on this Website. Your use of any of these materials is prohibited unless specifically provided for on this Website. Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights.
6. Prohibited Conduct. Except as permitted under the Terms and Conditions or where a prohibition is contrary to applicable law, copying, storing, displaying, reproducing, distributing, marketing, selling, licensing, sublicensing, publishing or creating derivative works of any Materials is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from Camp Ramah in Northern California or the copyright holder identified in the individual contents copyright notice. You agree that the Materials may not be reverse engineered, disassembled, decompiled, or retransmitted in any way through any medium or otherwise translated into any language or computer language. You will not use the Materials or ramahnorcal.org in any manner that violates the law or the rights of any other person. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, or other such programmatic or automatic device, including but not limited to automated dial-in or inquiry devices, to obtain information from this Website or otherwise monitor or copy the Materials. You are expressly prohibited from framing or linking or otherwise using or displaying the Website in such a manner so that it appears to be part of your own or someone else’s website. You shall not deep link to any page on the Website or otherwise link in a manner that bypasses the Website home page. You agree not to propose ideas, concepts, methods or techniques for new or proposed services or products through the Website. By doing so, you hereby grant to Company a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use the content of such communication in any manner whatsoever.
7. Submissions. Any ideas, copy, proposals, inventions, product and/or service modifications, methodologies, suggestions or similar communications you transmit to the Website by electronic mail or otherwise is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. Any such materials becomes the property of Camp Ramah in Northern California and may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Camp Ramah in Northern California is free to use any ides, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
8. Disclaimer. THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Camp Ramah in Northern California AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Camp Ramah in Northern California AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES TO YOU ABOUT OR FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS OR ABOUT OR FOR THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS, OR ABOUT OR FOR ANY SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. Camp Ramah in Northern California DOES NOT WARRANT TO YOU THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE MATERIALS OR THE WEBSITE SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, Camp Ramah in Northern California IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
9. Limitation of Liability. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL Camp Ramah in Northern California AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGES FOR WORK STOPPAGE OR INTERRUPTION, FOR LIABILITY OR INJURY TO THIRD PERSONS, OR FOR ECONOMIC, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, DATA, GOODWILL, PROFITS, SAVINGS, OR SOFTWARE) RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT Camp Ramah in Northern California IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. Third Party Sites. THE WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, BUT SUCH LINKS ARE PROVIDED SOLELY AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU. Camp Ramah in Northern California IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF LINKED THIRD-PARTY SITES AND DOES NOT ENDORSE, SUPPORT, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE CONTENT OR ACCURACY OF MATERIALS ON SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS LINKED THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Camp Ramah in Northern California, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries and their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your negligence or from your breach of the Terms and Conditions.
12. Dispute Resolution. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. In the event of litigation, the parties agree to submit irrevocably to the state and federal courts located in Cook County, Illinois and to raise no objections to the venue of such courts. The parties agree that in the event of any suit or proceeding brought by one party against the other, the party prevailing therein shall be entitled to payment from the other party hereto of its reasonable attorney’s fees.
13. Severability. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court or tribunal having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
14. Waiver. No waiver of any term of the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
15. Assignment. Camp Ramah in Northern California may assign its rights and duties under the Terms and Conditions to any party at any time without notice to you. Your rights and duties under the Terms and Conditions are not assignable by you without consent of Camp Ramah in Northern California.
16. Termination. Camp Ramah in Northern California may terminate your use or rights to access to any or all portions of the Terms and Conditions and the Materials for any reason or no reason at all. Paragraphs 5-16 and any section which by its terms and nature are meant to survive termination of the Terms and Conditions, shall survive its termination.