- The Volunteer understands and agrees that this is not an employment agreement, that Volunteer’s services are donated, given freely, and without expectation of remuneration in any form whatsoever, including any rights or benefits that would accompany employment.
- Camp Ramah in Northern California agrees to provide the Volunteer with support and appropriate supervision.
- The Volunteer understands and agrees that all services performed as a volunteer are under the supervision of Camp Ramah in Northern California and a background check will be performed prior to the start of the volunteer’s first day. In order to perform this background check Camp Ramah in Northern California requests the following information: Full Name, Address, Social Security Number, and Drivers License. Results of background checks are available upon request, and such information will be automatically provided should results of this request change the volunteer’s status in a negative way.
- The Volunteer understands and agrees that Camp Ramah in Northern California may terminate Volunteer’s services at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to the following reasons:
- Using or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while performing volunteer duties;
- Falsified volunteer information;
- Failure to follow directions of Supervisor, failure to complete required training, or failure to comply with Camp Ramah in Northern California policies and procedures;
- Results from a background check conducted after the volunteer has been preliminarily accepted into the volunteer program.
- Any willful misconduct, gross negligence, reckless disregard for the safety of others, or fraud or criminal acts, or;
- Any other act or conflict that is deemed to be detrimental to the mission, goals and values of Camp Ramah in Northern California or to the youth and families the Camp serves.
- The Volunteer is responsible for learning and following existing and new policies outlined by their supervisor.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability. In connection with Volunteer’s involvement in activities undertaken for, and/or with the participation and support of camp Ramah in Northern California, the undersigned volunteer hereby agrees, for his/herself, his/her heirs, assigns, executors, and administers to release and discharge Camp Ramah in Northern California, its officers and directors, members, partners, funders, employees, agents, and volunteers (“Releases”) from all claims, demands, and actions from any damages and/or injuries sustained to his/her person and/or property as a result of his/her involvement in such activities, whether or not resulting from negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Volunteer agrees to release and hold the Camp Ramah in Northern California and its Releases harmless from any cause or action, claims or suit arising therefrom. Volunteer hereby attests that his/her attendance and involvement in such activities is voluntary, that Volunteer is participating at his/her own risk and that he/she has read the foregoing terms and conditions of release and fully assumes the risk of any activities he/she may perform while serving as a volunteer, including, but not limited to, injury and/or death. Volunteer agrees that he/she will perform activities that he/she is comfortable performing and will follow all instructions. Volunteer also waives the protection afforded by California Code Section 1542, which provides:A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.Volunteer grants full permission for Camp Ramah in Northern California and their Releasees, to forever use, copyright or publish, in any form, photographs, videos, audios or quotations from him/her for any lawful purposes, including, but not limited to, promotion of Camp Ramah in Northern California’s activities, without identification of volunteer by name and without compensation.
8. Confidentiality. As a volunteer at Camp Ramah in Northern California, Volunteer understands and agrees that he/she may work with donor information, staff (including employee, volunteers, interns, etc.) information, camper concerns and other Camp Ramah in Northern California information which may be confidential in nature. All confidential information, including but not limited to the information of those listed above is to be kept strictly confidential. Volunteer will not discuss this information with anyone who is not directly involved in these areas and will not otherwise use or disclose any of the camp’s confidential information without the express authorization of Camp Ramah in Northern California. Volunteer understands that failure to maintain confidentiality may result in, among other things, immediate release. The obligation to comply with this provision continues during the volunteer commitment and indefinitely thereafter.
- By typing my name below, this constitutes as an electronic signature, which certifies that the facts in my application are true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and understand that falsified statements on the application shall be grounds for dismissal from the Ramah volunteer program. I authorize the Camp to check and verify all information I have submitted. In order to perform due diligence in protecting the well-being and safety of those we serve, Camp Ramah in Northern California reserves the right to perform criminal background checks on any current employee, applicant or volunteer in accordance with applicable law. I fully release references, employers and the Camp from any liability from the verification process.